Friday, May 13, 2011

Welcome to Katie's blog

Welcome to my blog; I am the only one who posts and then comments on those posts. This week, I saw two male Lazuli Buntings on my bird-feeder, and it was very cool. Apparently, they are beautiful singers, so I am waiting to hear their songs as they compete to attract females!

6 comments:

Bizzie said...

I love those birds! Also, I would post more if I had the internet at home. It won't let me post from my phone!

Liz Szilagyi said...

I LOVE that bird. I don't think I have ever seen one before (or at least not noticed it). What is the region?

J-losica said...

Excuse me.... I post on here all the time.

Kat Stevens said...

Not recently. It's only a western region bird :( sorry Illinoisers, but something I just learned, Lazuli rhymes with casually. Now I can pronounce it correctly.

Liz Szilagyi said...

Gosh, I never remember seeing one of these growing up. He is so gorgeous!

Kat Stevens said...

Update: now I have seen up to 4 males on my feeder at once..they can't get enough of my birdseed.