Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day!

Today is Earth Day, so I was thinking we could all think of something we could change in our lives to help the earth today and everyday.

Looking at possible green energy solutions, it is clear that the best thing we can to do about our energy crisis is to conserve energy from the start. I am going to try to turn off lights, etc. every chance I get, especially on campus where lights to seem to stay on all day and night, even when rooms aren't in use. And you?

2 comments:

Bizzie said...

I'm going to go to an Earth Day event for about 6 or 7 hours and teach hundreds of people about recycling. Also, all the lights will be off at my apartment while I'm gone. Go Earth!

Liz Szilagyi said...

I'm going to try and start cutting back on the water I use when I rinse the dishes. Sometimes I just let it run and run on steaming hot, thinking I won't have to scrub as hard to get it clean. Shame on me!

I also could be better at turning off lights. We always turn our heat down (if not off) at bedtime when we're all snuggled up warm under blankets. I like to think that helps a little bit.

Mother Earth is amazing. Go Earth!